SAUNA & MASSAGE
What is a Salt Room?
A SALT ROOM is a specifically designed room where you enjoy a session relaxing in a chair, reading a book or even taking a nap while relaxing to the calming background music playing in the room. A patented machine called a halogenerator produces dry saline aerosol by mechanically crushing rock salt grains to the size of 1 to 5 micrometers. The generator is installed on the outside wall of the salt room. The dry salt aerosol is blown into the room via a small opening in the wall. The salt-filled room provides a negative ion environment (like the seashore), which contributes to well being and promotes stress reduction in addition to helping your particular condition. These small particles of salt are negatively ionized and bear very high kinetic energy. This way they can travel into the deepest and smallest parts of the lungs. Negative ionization of salt aerosol increases the efficiency of healing. Inhaling the micro-salt particles assists you in expelling mucous and helps open constricted airways. It also boosts the immune system.
How Does it Work?
Salt therapy proponents claim that salt cleanses the respiratory system and speeds up the elimination of toxins. Salt has the following properties:
* Loosens excessive mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport
* Removes pathogens (ie., airborne pollen)
* Reduces IgE level (immune system oversensitivity)
Salt particles penetrate deep into the lungs to treat damaged tissue. Sometimes symptoms subside for up to 12 months following salt therapy.
What conditions are improved by salt therapy?
* Chronic ENT illnesses (ear-nose-throat)
* Frequent ear infections
* Frequent colds
* Allergies to industrial and household pollutants
* Hay fever
* Smoker's cough
* Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
* Cystic Fibrosis
* Sleep Apnea
When should salt treatment be avoided?
* Infections accompanied by fever
* Patients who have cancer
* Patients who have or have had a tuberculosis
* Patients who have cardiac insufficiency
* High blood pressure diseases / hypertension in IIB stage
* Acute stage of respiratory disease
* Chronic obstructive lung diseases with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
* Spitting of blood
* All internal diseases in decompensation
ABC NEWS: How Salt Therapy May Be the Next Big Thing in Pampering Yourself
ABC NEWS: Does Salt Room Therapy Work?
ABC NEWS: Do salt rooms really help fight allergies?
Web Sites for more information:
Check out our Salt Therapy Room session prices here...
SAUNA & MASSAGE (605.321.4446) 5033 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57108