SAUNA & MASSAGE
Built-In Traditional (Steam) Saunas
Traditional Sauna #1
This traditional sauna comfortably seats 6 people. The walls are constructed from Western cedar. As the Tylo heater (See image to the right) heats the inside of the sauna, water from the sauna bucket can be poured onto the rocks in the heater, creating the desired amount of steam.
Traditional Sauna #2
Similar to Traditional Sauna #1, this traditional sauna provides a different seating layout and comfortably seats 5-6 people. The walls are constructed from Western cedar. As the Tylo heater (See image to the right) heats the inside of the sauna, water from the sauna bucket can be poured onto the rocks in the heater, creating the desired amount of steam.
* To reduce the risk of injury, children under 16 years of age are not allowed to use ours sauna unless they are closely supervised at all times. Young children have a high metabolic rate and are less adaptable to higher body core temperatures than adults, due to their limitations of circulatory adaptation and body temperature regulation (sweating).
* It is advised to drink plenty of water before and after your sauna session.
* Do not use the sauna immediately following strenuous exercise. Wait at least 15 minutes to allow the body to cool down completely.
* Pregnant or possibly pregnant women should not use a sauna. Excessive temperatures have a high potential for causing fetal damage during the early months of pregnancy.
* Implants could be melted or damaged in those with silicone implants, pacemakers, pins, rods, and cochlear implants. Consult your physician if any of these or similar devices apply to you.
* Hyperthermia Danger: Prolonged exposure to hot air will induce hyperthermia. While hyperthermia has many health benefits, it is important not to allow your body's core temperature to rise above 103F. (Symptoms of excessive hyperthermia include dizziness, lethargy, drowsiness, and fainting). Please discontinue the use of the sauna if you feel light-headed, dizzy or heat exhausted.
* The use of alcohol, drugs, or medications prior to or during the sauna session may lead to unconsciousness. We reserve the right to refuse service to those appearing impaired.
* Persons using medications (since some medications may induce drowsiness while others may affect heart rate, blood pressure, and circulation), suffering from obesity or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems, or diabetes should consult a physician prior to using the sauna.
* Tradition sauna sessions should be limited to a maximum of 60 minutes. Consider a shorter time when first trying a sauna.
SAUNA & MASSAGE (605.321.4446) 5033 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57108